We love these baked beans! They are super easy, but feel a little fancy. This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman, but with a few tweaks. I love her easy & approachable recipes, don’t you? Here you go! Just in time for your summer barbecues.
- 1 package of bacon prepared in the oven (reserve 4 TBS bacon drippings)
- Half a large onion, chopped
- Half a green pepper, chopped
- 4 (16 oz) cans of baked beans (I used Bush’s Best Original)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Mark’s Sweet & Spicy)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 13×9 inch pan.
- Add onions and peppers to reserved bacon drippings in a large pot (needs to be large, because you are adding all the other ingredients in a bit) and sauté until tender.
- Add beans (beans & all of the liquid, too) and remaining ingredients & bring to a simmer.
- Pour the bean mixture into your prepared 13x 9 pan.
- Bake the beans until they are are bubbly and the sauce has thickened. This will take around 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Remove from oven & let stand for 10 minutes or so.
- Top with the bacon you prepared in the oven & garnish with some thyme.