It took me three tries to get this right! I used a recipe I found and I’m pretty sure it had a mistake. The good news is I corrected it. Check out this fun brioche bread! It is a medium size loaf. Perfect for a couple of breakfasts and lunch. And, it’s pretty!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 TBS sugar
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 TBS sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 3 TBS butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- Heat milk for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the yeast & sugar and lightly whisk until mixed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture in a mixer with the dough hook on.
- Add in the bread flour & condensed coconut milk. Mix on low medium for 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter pieces one at a time. Stop to scrape sides, if necessary. Continue slowly adding butter until all pieces are incorporated.
- Remove half the dough.
- Add 1 tsp butterfly pea powder to the remaining dough and mix for 2-3 minutes until the powder is incorporated.
- Knead both doughs separately and form into a ball. The dough with butterfly pea powder may require more kneading to further incorporate the colored powder.
- Cover both dough balls with a clean towel. Let rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Grease a medium bread pan and set aside.
- Form into a ball again & let sit for 5 minutes. Then rollout each ball into a thin rectangle. Make sure to check the length of your bread pan.
- Place the blue dough on top of the other dough and roll lengthwise. You want a fairly tight roll. Place in your prepared pan and cover with a dry towel. Let rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bread for 25-30 minutes. Let cool & enjoy!