Jump to recipe
My hubs loves these cookies! They are part shortbread, part sugar cookie and chocked full of pecans. They have been a family favorite for over 25 years. We make these every Christmas.
I use a small cookie scoop for these cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pecan halves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and shortening. Then add eggs, one at a time.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Optional: Press a pecan half on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.