I’ve had this recipe forever & have no idea how I came across it. I wish I could remember, so I could thank them – – – ‘cause it’s decadent & delicious! Oh, and here’s a secret…it’s easy!
- 1 (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (I used low fat)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (4 serving) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped until stiff peaks form
- 4 cups rough chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 store bought angel food cake, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Mix condensed milk and water. Whisk in pudding mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare whipped cream and refrigerate.
- Mix chopped strawberries and preserves and set aside.
- Fold pudding into whipped cream.
- In a trifle bowl, put 2 cups of pudding mixture in the bottom. Add half of the cake cubes, followed by half of strawberries, and then half of the pudding mixture. Repeat to complete the trifle.
- Cover too with sliced almonds & strawberry garnish.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours.