This was my first attempt at no churn ice cream and I couldn’t be more excited with the result. The texture is just like churned ice cream, or as my hubs calls it ~ hard ice cream. The rose and pistachio flavor was amazing, almost ethereal. I will be making more no churn ice cream in the future. Using this recipe as the base, with add-ins, is just a little too easy!
Pistachio Rose “No Churn” Ice Cream
Basic vanilla ice cream can be made by just using the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
Use caution with rose extract. Start with the smallest amount & taste. You only want a hint of rose flavor.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 – 2 drops rose water OR 1 – 2 tsp simple syrup (I have used Nielsen-Massey or Royal Rose Organic Simple Syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Fuchsia Hibiscus or Beet Super Juice Powder for pink color
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk (I used low fat)
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- Additional pistachios & edible rose petals for garnish (I used Suncore Foods rose petals)
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add in all ingredients, except pistachios. Beat for another 30-45 seconds until thick.
- Fold in pistachios.
- Pour mixture in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Cover and place in the freezer, overnight.
- Top with additional pistachios & rose petals, and serve.