Jump to recipe
I was super excited to try Amoretti Artisan Natural Flavors & wow are they good! The mango flavor has such an elegant aroma & tastes like sun ripened mangos exactly! The vanilla cupcakes are made with Amoretti Almond Flour, honey & coconut oil. The mango buttercream icing was the perfect compliment & tastes like paradise. There is no way you could get this kind of flavor with generic extracts or flavors. This product is all natural & seriously dense: 2 oz = 24 oz of fruit purée. I’m hooked!
- Vanilla Almond Flour Cupcakes:
- 3 cups almond flour (I used Amoretti Almond Flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 TBS Amoretti Artisan Natural Flavor
- 1 – 2 TBS heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract & lemon zest.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Pour mix into cupcake liners evenly.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until tester comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- While cupcakes are baking, make the frosting. Beat all ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Frost cooled cupcakes. Garnish as desired.