This flavorful exotic dish is one of the best things I’ve made of late. It’s easy to assemble and the ingredients are readily available. Try it! You won’t be disappointed.
Thai Red Curry with Cod, Spinach & Jasmine Rice
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 TBS Thai red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 TBS chicken base
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- Juice of half a lime
- 3-4 cod fillets
- 3-4 cups of fresh spinach
- Jasmine rice (choose your favorite & prepare according to package directions)
- Garnish: Cilantro, green onions, lime wedges
- In a medium size pot, sauté red onions in olive oil until tender & fragrant. Add the garlic, followed by the red curry paste & sugar. Sauté for about a minute.
- Add in the the coconut milk, filtered water & chicken base. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Allow the curry to reduce by half. This takes an hour or so.
- Season cod filets and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach to the pan & lightly toss about. When slightly wilted remove spinach and set aside. Wipe out the pan and return the skillet to the heat.
- Add olive oil & sear the seasoned cod on both sides. Turn off the heat and cover to finish cooking.
- Add the juice of half a lime to the reduced curry broth and continue to simmer.
- For serving, add jasmine rice to your serving bowl. Then add the sautéed spinach. Ladle the curry broth on top. Place the cod fillet on top. Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and a lime.
- Note: I use Better than Bouillon chicken base. As such, I did not add any salt to this dish. The lime juice also adds saltiness.