Jump to recipe
I loooove galettes! They’re so easy and you can do so many different things. This one is savory and is delicious with grilled meat. It serves as a delicious side dish and satisfies your bread craving, too.
Tomato Galette with Parmesan Crust
- 2 or 3 heirloom rainbow tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 HEB Texas Pie Company Original Pie Dough Puck at room temperature, or your favorite pie dough
- Egg wash (egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
- Course salt to sprinkle on crust
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper & sprinkle with flour
- Place the dough on the sheet & sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Roll out and stop to add more Parmesan. Continue rolling the dough into a circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place the gruyere cheese in the center, leaving a 2 inch border of dough. Add some chopped basil and a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on top & season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the dough up and over the filling, so it covers at least 2 inches of the filling, or more.
- Brush the edge with egg wash & sprinkle with course salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400, then turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Crust should be golden brown.
- Once removed from oven, let the galette rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.