This bowl is one of my favorites! The secret is the fish sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil & soy sauce….AND all of the awesome veggies. This recipe makes a lot, so it’s great for meal prep, a family, or anyone that likes yummy leftovers!
- 1 cup brown rice (or white rice), cooked and cooled
- 4 TBS sesame oil
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 package of shaved Brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped (white part will be cooked, green is for garnish)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 TBS fish sauce
- 2 TBS dry sherry
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- Sriracha and basil for garnish (and the reserved green onion tops)
- Heat sesame oil in a large wok or pan and add carrots. Cook on high for 4 minutes and add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 4 more minutes
- Turn heat to medium high and add garlic, white tops of green onions & bell pepper, and continue cooking
- Add all the other vegetables, fish sauce, sherry & soy sauce. Continue on medium high and combine well.
- Add cooked rice & chicken and combine. Turn off heat.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with green onions, basil and sriracha
- Note: This is also great with a poached or fried egg on top.