This Irish Cream puts the store bought version to shame. I wanted to drink the whole bottle in one evening. I did exhibit a semblance of self control and only had 2 of these. This thick and creamy concoction is lovely on its own, in frosting, over ice cream or in coffee! The recipe is from Saveur magazine.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp instant espresso granules
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups Irish whiskey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (I used Eagle Brand Fat Free)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until mixed. Do not over blend or it will become thick like whipped cream.
- Store in a glass bottle. I used a Container Store glass water bottle that holds 34 ounces and it was perfect.
- The Irish Cream will keep 2 weeks.
Original recipe is from Saveur magazine. Here is the link: https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/homemade-irish-cream/