I found some purple sweet potatoes at the grocery store the other day & had a moment. The hummus ended up being more of a vivid pink, which I think is just gorgeous! It tasted even more G O R G E O U S! Topped it with olive oil, za’atar, sumac, tri-color peppercorns and thyme from my garden!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked purple sweet potato (I baked & then peeled mine)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 TBS hemp hearts
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup filtered water (add more, if needed)
- Garnish with olive oil, white, pink & green peppercorns, za’atar & fresh thyme
- Add all ingredients (except garnish) to food processor, and pulse until smooth. You want the consistency to be soft enough to dip a chip in the hummus without breaking.
- Garnish with additional olive oil and the other recommended spices and herbs.