Want a cool & healthy summer side salad? Well, I’ve gotcha covered! This salad is easy to assemble and you likely have the ingredients in your fridge. Stay cool, my friends!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1 cup couscous, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup sliced, then halved, English cucumber (I only remove strips of the peel – looks prettier that way)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBS each of chopped fresh basil & mint
- 1/2 cup rough chopped mixed olives (kalamata, green, etc.)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing of your choice or just add olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- I don’t add too much additional salt because the olives are salty.
- I used a champagne vinaigrette that I had in the fridge. Any light vinaigrette will do. You could also just use olive oil.