Years ago, I went to a pot luck and one of the neighbors brought this divine concoction. I wanted to dive in that darn bowl after my first bite. You will want to do the same thing – it is so luscious and creamy. Do not make this for 2 people. YOU WILL EAT THE WHOLE THING. You have been warned.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk (I used low fat)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (3.5 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box vanilla wafers (I used reduced fat)
- 3 – 4 bananas, sliced
- Chess men cookies (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate and go on to next step.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, water and pudding mix, until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- When pudding is set, fold it into the whipped cream.
- You can now assemble your pudding, banana and wafers. I like to use a glass trifle bowl. But, if I’m taking this to a pot luck, I use a foil pan. A 13 x 9 glass dish is also a great choice.
- Place 1 cup pudding on the bottom. Then layer wafers, bananas, and pudding. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Top with chess men cookies or crumbled vanilla wafers.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.