Jump to recipe
This kale recipe takes this leafy green to whole new level. The balsamic vinegar is the key. Side note about the kale – if you have been following me, you know I bought a big bag of triple washed & prepared kale at the beginning of the week. I got 3 meals out of that sucker! Back to my meal this evening – the hubs grilled a NY strip steak to go with this lovely dish. A perfect combo!
Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Sauté
Adapted from @simplyrecipes by Elise Bauer
- 4 cups of cubed butternut squash that is tossed in a tsp of balsamic vinegar & a TBS of olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 cups of prepared kale
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup halved pecans and the roasted butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Toss the cubed butternut squash in the balsamic vinegar & olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash for about 15-20 minutes. You want the cubes to be slightly brown on the edges.
- In a large stock pot sauté the red onion in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 7-8 minutes and add the minced garlic cloves. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the prepared kale and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar. Let the vinegar heat up and then turn off heat and cover the pot so the kale can steam and soften.
- When ready to serve add the halved pecans and the roasted butternut squash. Toss and serve immediately.