I found this recipe a couple of years ago on Pinterest when I was searching for things to make with my annual flat of Poteet strawberries. This bread from Positively Splendid is indeed, splendid. It is moist & delicious. The best thing about this recipe is that it makes 2 loaves of bread – one for me & one for you!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximate 2 large or 3 small)
- 1½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans. I also line my pans with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating well to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter/cream cheese mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Add the vanilla and mashed bananas, mixing on low speed to incorporate.
- Fold in the strawberries just until they are fully incorporated into the batter.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a cake tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean. After 25-30 minutes you may need to cover the pans with a foil shield to prevent the tops from getting too brown.
- Once done, cool for at least 15 minutes. Remove from pans and serve.