This chickpea elbow pasta is so good in this upgraded macaroni and cheese dish. We really enjoyed it with the grilled pork chops the hubs made the other day. And, guest what? The leftovers were awesome all by their lonesome, the next day!
- 1 box chickpea elbow macaroni (I used Eat Banza)
- 4 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 1/2 cup pasta liquid
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup hatch chile sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 3 cups cups grated white cheese (I used parmesan asiago, fontina and mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta liquid before draining.
- Heat butter and add flour. Mix until smooth and the flour is lightly browned.
- Whisk in pasta liquid, milk & sour cream.
- Add in hot sauce.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Mix well.
- Return the cooked pasta to the pan & fold together well.
- Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs.