Last year, I made thanksgiving dinner in NYC. We rented a townhome for our 3 kids, son-in-law, our 6 year old granddaughter, and us. We had big plans all week, so I ordered the turkey & pies. I prepared the sides – deviled eggs, dressing, CRANBERRY SAUCE, and more. We even went to the Macy’s Parade in freezing temperatures. It was awesome!
- 1/2 cup agave or grape nectar sweetener
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 12 oz fresh cranberries rinsed & checked
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of orange peel
- Combine sweetener, orange juice, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently
- Continue cooking, for about 10 minutes, or until all or most of the cranberries have popped.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.