International Falafel Day calls for a special power bowl. Pulling this together is a breeze, since I used Afia Foods pre-made falafel. I purchase this product at my local grocery store, but you can order their product online, as well. The chickpeas & carrots are lightly seasoned & prepared stove top. I also used frozen cauliflower rice, making this super simple to put together. Just put a bed of greens on the bottom of your bowl and you’re all set!
Here is the link to all the places you can order Afia Foods products: https://www.afiafoods.com/shop
- 1 bag of Afia Foods Falafel, prepared according to package directions
- Salad mix (I used HEB Organic Power Greens)
- Turmeric Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Dash of cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon
- S & P to taste
- Chickpeas and Carrots:
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp corainder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 sliced carrots
- Tahini Paste
- Black Sesame seeds
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon slices
- Sea salt & pepper
- Chick Peas and Carrots:
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and spices, and toss to coat. Cook for a minute. Add carrots and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until carrots are cooked al dente.
- Cauliflower Rice:
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt and cook until translucent.
- Add turmeric and mix in for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared cauliflower, salt and cayenne, and mix in. Add lemon juice and add salt & pepper, to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Bowl Assembly:
- Place salad mix on bottom of the bowl. Add falafel, turmeric cauliflower rice & chickpeas & carrots on top. Drizzle with a bit of tahini paste, a squeeze of lemon and olive oil. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, black sesame seeds, sea salt & black pepper.