These vibrant purple potatoes are so fun to prepare and serve. The miso adds a wonderful flavor, as does the tangy crème fraiche. They make a wonderful side to meat, chicken and fish. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs purple potatoes, washed
- White miso paste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crème fraiche & chives for garnish
- Boil the potatoes until very tender. Drain.
- Melt the butter & add the garlic in the pot used to boil the potatoes. Sauté until fragrant.
- Return the drained potatoes to the pot of butter & garlic. Add the miso paste. Mash the potatoes, until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup milk. Using a whisk, mix in the milk. Add more milk, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add salt & pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with crème fraiche & chives. Serve hot.