Jump to recipe
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES on deck! These are the moistiest (not a typo) & fudgiest bars ever, and an absolute must for your valentine baking! Don’t you just L O V E the chocolate drizzle & salt flakes. I also make these with a white chocolate drizzle and rose petals. Use your imagination for inventive toppings, but…Use. This. Recipe. It’s so gooood! I used Hershey’s cocoa & semi-sweet chocolate chips to make these irresistible chocolate treats! Mailed half to my niece and sent the rest to my hubs work – had to get them out of the house and away from my tummy! These guys are addictive!
Double Chocolate Brownies
Adapted from King Arthur Flour’s Fudge Brownie Recipe.
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Brownies: Eliminate the 2 cups of chocolate chips. Instead use 1 cup dark chocolate chips and add 1 cup fresh cranberries. Everything else is the same.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa (I used Hershey’s)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour ( I used King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (white or semi-sweet or whatever sounds good to you)
- Salt flakes or rose petals for garnish (the salt flakes are extra special because they really bring out the chocolate flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment paper
- In a medium saucepan, begin to melt butter on very low. Continue with the next step.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Then add in the cocoa, salt, baking powder & espresso powder, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- When the butter is melted, add the sugar and stir to combine. Stir until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the hot butter & sugar to the cocoa mixture. Then add vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips. Do not over stir. You want the mixture to just incorporate the flour.
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth it out to all the edges.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean (with just a few crumbs).
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut and decorate or just eat them out of the pan!
- Melt the chips in the microwave. Once melted, scoop the chocolate in a small plastic bag with a spatula. Push the melted chocolate toward one corner. Cut the tip of the bag (I cut off a really tiny piece) and squeeze to drizzle over the cut brownies.