Jump to recipe
I’m really showing my age on this one! Back in the day, before the famous Gunter Hotel in San Antonio was purchased by the Sheraton group, they served this cheese as a little treat in the hotel bar and restaurants. It’s kind of like pimento cheese, but without any pimento. It has a fantastic flavor and is so easy to make. Our local newspaper published the recipe in 90s, when I was 12. Ok, I wasn’t 12, but let’s not get into that. Serve this yumminess at your next gathering and get ready for the happy faces!
Gunter Hotel Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar & jack cheese
- 1/3 cup each of celery & carrot
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/3 cup red pepper
- 1/2 cup white onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut up the vegetables into small chunks. Place in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar & jack cheese to the food processor and pulse until the vegetable mixture and cheese are combined.
- Place spread in a serving bowl.
- Serve with crackers, flat bread chips or Melba toast