I’m really showing my age on this one! Back in the day, before the famous Gunter Hotel in San Antonio was purchased by the Sheraton group, they served this cheese as a little treat in the hotel bar and restaurants. It’s kind of like pimento cheese, but without any pimento. It has a fantastic flavor and is so easy to make. Our local newspaper published the recipe in 90s, when I was 12. Ok, I wasn’t 12, but let’s not get into that. Serve this yumminess at your next gathering and get ready for the happy faces!
Gunter Hotel Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar & jack cheese
- 1/3 cup each of celery & carrot
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/3 cup red pepper
- 1/2 cup white onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut up the vegetables into small chunks. Place in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar & jack cheese to the food processor and pulse until the vegetable mixture and cheese are combined.
- Place spread in a serving bowl.
- Serve with crackers, flat bread chips or Melba toast