Jump to recipe
Fresh, easy and delicious! This pasta is great in its own or as a side dish. I serve this with salmon or other fish, and it is a wonderful compliment. It was also an awesome opportunity for me to use basil from my herb garden. Another hint: Keep a small block of Parmesan in your freezer & you’ll always have it in hand, when needed. Enjoy!
Lemon Spaghetti w/Parmesan & Basil
- 1/2 lb spaghetti, prepared according to directions (reserve 1 cup of pasta liquid)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Fresh basil chiffonade (about 1/3 cup)
- Fresh Parmesan to shave for garnish
- Prepare pasta and return to the cooking pot.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and grated Parmesan. Add to cooked pasta and toss.
- Add 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid to the pasta to moisten. Add more, if needed.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan & the basil chiffonade.