Coffee cakes are so versatile and show off seasonal fruit so nicely. This one is full of raspberries and is made extra moist with the addition of ricotta. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 (16 oz) ricotta cheese (I used low fat)
- Sugar crystals for sprinkling
- Optional: Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease and flour the sides and bottom.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter & sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and blend until incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture & blend in. Then add the ricotta & blend until smooth. Add the remaining flour & blend until mixed well.
- Fold in the raspberries.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar crystals & bake for 60 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 30 minutes & remove from pan.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.