My family was mesmerized by this magical salsa! You can use it as a dip or sauce. And, it keeps fresh for 3 days (maybe more). During the Plant-Forward Cooking Boot Camp I participated in at The Culinary Institute of America, we made it to go with Barbecued Jackfruit Tacos. The tacos were super spicy, so this salsa served to cool them down. I brought home leftovers and we ate it with grilled chicken and as a salsa for breakfast tacos. Delish!
Tomatillo & Avocado Salsa by The Culinary Institute of America
Slight changes were made to the original recipe for improved taste.
- 2 jalapeños, stems & seeds removed, and rough chopped
- 10 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed & quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & rough chopped
- 1 small white onion, peeled
- 1 small juiced lime
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium avocado, pitted & peeled, and cut into large chunks
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a blender, purée the everything except the cilantro and avocado.
- Add the cilantro & avocado and briefly blend until slightly course.
- Taste the mix and add sea salt, as needed.