I’m always looking for a flavorful Asian inspired recipe and this one really hits the mark. After researching dozens of recipes for inspiration, here’s what I’ve come up with. Although the ingredient list is long, the recipe is straightforward. Enjoy!
Asian Beef Stir Fry with Noodles
- 2 lbs skirt steak, trimmed & cut into thin strips
- 2 TBS corn starch
- 3 – 4 TBS sherry wine vinegar
- Asian Buckwheat Noodles, or thin noodles of your choice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 package of match stick carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches of ginger, minced
- 4 – 5 baby bok choy, washed with end cut off
- Sesame oil & olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS oyster sauce
- 1 TBS sherry
- 1 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Optional: Top with chili crunch for a little heat.
- Mix the beef with the sherry & corn starch and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare veggies & sauce and set aside.
- Heat part sesame oil & part olive oil in a large sauté pan in high heat. Add marinated beef strips in one layer. You may have to prepare the beef a portion at a time. Brown & set aside in a separate pan.
- In the same pan or a wok, heat part sesame oil & olive oil on medium heat. Add in the onion & carrots. Sauté for 1 minute. Add in the garlic & ginger. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the bok choy & turn all the veggies until the bok choy just begins to get wilted. Pour the sauce over the veggies. Turn the veggies until they are all coated. Return the beef to the pan full of veggies and make sure everything is coated.
- Serve beef & veggies over noodles. Top with a bit of chili crunch, if desired.